Being 48 hours removed from the excitement which was the 2019 Metlife Bowl, the New York Giants have some positives and negatives to take away from Thursday nights win over the Jets.
Lets Take a look at the Good .. The Bad .. and The Ugly of Thursday Night’s game.
- Daniel Jones: For the one series we were able to see what he looked like a ready pro. Lets not forget that he played against the Jets second string defense, but this was a great confidence and moral booster for the rookie quarterback. being 5-5 is a great start and having your teammates react that way.. Pretty good way to start the season.
- Corey Ballentine: The rookie had another interception. This time it was against someone other then a teammate. His story is still amazing as he has a chip on his shoulder and has a motivation to fight for his fallen friend.
- The Offensive Line– The area that was the weak part of the team for the last few years looked solid as they protected for rookie qb Daniel Jones. Again one Pre Season game.. but much better then what we have seen since 2012.
- Eli Manning: With the hype of Daniel Jones, Eli ‘s one series looked really bad. Some said they put Manning in a no win situation as he missed a wide open Rhett Ellison down the field for a long first down. We will see what pre-season game #2 brings for Eli.
- Paul Perkins: Two years ago he was a starting back for the Giants, now he is fighting for a roster spot and he didnt help his cause against the Jets. Between a fumble and not being able to advance the ball, Perkins will most likely but using the pre-season as an audition for job on another team.
- The Opening Defensive Drive: So the Giants starting defense gave a very shaky performance on the first Jet drive, giving up a touchdown in 3:07. The defense did settle in but it was very alarming as the guys seemed very confused on the field.
- The Weather Delay: 59 minute weather delay robbed the fans and media of seeing Daniel Jones on the field for a second series. This led to Alex Tanny and Kyle Lauletta for the rest of the way.
/ 1 hour ago
Show me the money … except Carmelo Anthony didn’t go into agreement to play...
/ 1 day ago
The One That Got Away Every general manager has that one player that they...
/ 2 days ago
The Rundown – 12/4/19: James, Davis Showing No Signs of Wear, Pistons Winning by 33+, Harden’s 50 for Naught
Fatigue doesn’t seem to be a factor for the Lakers’ Big Two Through a...