NFL Network will Televise Alliance Matchups in
Primetime Beginning Opening Weekend
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – February 1, 2019 – The Alliance of American Football and NFL Network today announced a multi-year programming deal that will include live event coverage of The Alliance inaugural season. NFL Network will debut their Alliance coverage with The Salt Lake Stallions at The Arizona Hotshots on Sunday, February 10 at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.
Following The Alliance’s opening weekend, NFL Network will air two games per week in primetime on Saturday and Sunday night.
“NFL Network understands the mission and vision for The Alliance and what we are trying to accomplish,” said Charlie Ebersol, co-founder and CEO, The Alliance. “This partnership will now keep professional football in its primetime television spot, allowing fans to continue watching America’s most popular sport well into the spring.”
“Having live football games on NFL Network in February, March, and April will be a great addition to our lineup and a nice complement to our coverage of the NFL Combine and NFL Draft,” said Mark Quenzel, Senior Vice President of Programming and Production at NFL Network.
2019 Alliance of American Football NFL Network Broadcast Schedule
- Sunday, February 10 – Salt Lake Stallions at Arizona Hotshots
- Saturday, February 16 – Arizona Hotshots at Memphis Express
- Sunday, February 17 – Atlanta Legends at San Diego Fleet
- Saturday, February 23 – Memphis Express at Orlando Apollos
- Sunday, February 24 – San Antonio Commanders at San Diego Fleet
- Saturday, March 2 – San Diego Fleet at Memphis Express
- Sunday, March 3 – Atlanta Legends at Arizona Hotshots
- Saturday, March 9 – Salt Lake Stallions at San Diego Fleet
- Sunday, March 10 – San Antonio Commanders at Arizona Hotshots
- Saturday, March 16 – Arizona Hotshots at Orlando Apollos
- Sunday, March 17 – Birmingham Iron at San Diego Fleet
- Saturday, March 23 – Salt Lake Stallions at San Antonio Commanders
- Sunday, March 24 – Birmingham Iron at Memphis Express
- Saturday, March 30 – San Diego at Salt Lake Stallions
- Sunday, March 31 – Arizona Hotshots at San Antonio Commanders
- Saturday, April 6 – San Diego Fleet at Orlando Apollos
- Sunday, April 7 – Birmingham Iron at Arizona Hotshots
- Saturday, April 13 – Atlanta Legends at Memphis Express
- Sunday, April 14 – Arizona Hotshots at San Diego Fleet
*All games will air at 8:00 PM ET on NFL Network
About The Alliance of American Football
Led by some of the most respected football minds in the game, The Alliance of American Football is top-flight professional football fueled by an unprecedented Alliance between players, fans and the game. Founded by TV and film producer Charlie Ebersol and Hall of Famer Bill Polian, The Alliance features eight teams with 52-player rosters playing a 10-week regular season schedule beginning February 9, 2019 on CBS, followed by two playoff rounds and culminating with the championship game at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas on April 27, 2019. Additional broadcast and distribution partners include Turner Sports — TNT and B/R Live — as well as the NFL Network.
The eight cities, stadiums and head coaches are as follows:
- Orlando Apollos / Spectrum Stadium / Steve Spurrier
- Atlanta Legends / Georgia State Stadium / Kevin Coyle
- Memphis Express / Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium / Mike Singletary
- Salt Lake Stallions / Rice-Eccles Stadium / Dennis Erickson
- Arizona Hotshots / Sun Devil Stadium / Rick Neuheisel
- San Diego Fleet / San Diego County Credit Union Stadium / Mike Martz
- Birmingham Iron / Legion Field Stadium / Tim Lewis
- San Antonio Commanders / Alamodome / Mike Riley
With a focus on player well-being on and off the field, The Alliance provides players with a commitment to safety and state-of-the-art equipment as well as a comprehensive bonus system, post-football career planning, financial counseling and scholarship support for postsecondary education. For more information, visit https://aaf.com/.
/ 2 days ago
Last February, Utah Jazz forward Joe Ingles and his wife Renae Ingles revealed that...
/ 2 days ago
Back Sports Page presents a new epiosde of the Hardwood Huddle with Bill Ingram...
/ 2 days ago
Major League Baseball announced that minor league baseball players will continue to be paid...